Wednesday, June 25, 2014

One-twenty

Shamaa, my 19-year-old daughter is transferring to SUNY, Geneseo from Clarkson Univ. in Potsdam, N.Y. We are in the Parking and Transportation Services Office at the college on 6/24/14 to purchase a parking permit for her car. She has some cash in her hand that I can see. Later, she would tell me that it was $37 with the singles on the outside and the larger bills on the inside. The corpulent lady at the window looks at the valid vehicle registration, valid SUNY Geneseo ID and the driver's license. She then slides the parking decal under the window to Shamaa. Shamaa asks the lady how much for it and she says, "One-twenty". Shamaa goes, "Oh! Just a dollar twenty for it". My wife and I exchange sly glances and try to stifle our laughter. How we love our daughter. I pulled out my wallet and had the lady charge my credit card the $120 for the permit. Once outside the Schrader Hall where the office is located, we shared the humor of the situation and welcomed Shamaa to the rude economic realities of life.

No comments:

Post a Comment