Friday, September 12, 2014

Day 20, Rapid City, SD to Kadoka, SD

We were all energized today after a day of rest. We rode a fairly long distance. I know I have to fill you in for the past two days. At the end of a riding day, I am so exhausted that it is a Herculean effort to even finish this blog post. If I have a short day, I will fill you in for Day 18 ride and Day 19 rest day activities.
The highlight of today was the ride through Badlands National Park. For those of you interested in learning more about Badlands National Park, click here.
Badlands National Park is a national park in southwestern South Dakota that protects 242,756 acres (98,240 ha) of sharply eroded buttes, pinnacles, and spires blended with the largest undisturbed mixed grass prairie in the United States. The park is managed by the National Park Service.
Today was a cold day. I had to put on my warm layers to stay comfortable. We started the day in temperatures in the low 30s that rose to around the low 50s in the late afternoon. Tomorrow also promises to be a cold day.

I am almost at the halfway point across the country. I hope you are enjoying following this journey. If something made you go “Wow” today, make a charitable contribution to the Lewis County Hospital Foundation.

No comments:

Post a Comment