Tuesday, September 2, 2014

Day 9, Lolo, MT to Missoula, MT

We departed from Lolo, MT on Monday, September 1, Labor Day for Missoula, MT. We covered a distance of 37 miles in a little less than 2 ½ hours. Bathing in the hot springs at Lolo was very invigorating.
We were a team of 4 that rode a paceline today. Besides me, there was Randy Kohlhase, Janis Bond and Nicole Mazza.
Someday, if Sheree will allow me, I will own a motorcycle and have more adventures.
And here we are expressing our joy at entering the city of Missoula.
The evening was bittersweet. 5 of our teammates had signed up to ride only up to Missoula. We had a farewell banquet. Lots of camera clicking went on all evening. Exchanging of email addresses and pledges to stay in touch going forward. All I know from past experiences is that once we all get into the rhythm of our work lives at home, these pledges go unfulfilled. Memories are there, the longing to create more such memories is there, but life moves relentlessly in the onward direction. All the photos and video clips will only have relevance to the ones in them. The fun times, the laughter, the hardships endured, the chemistry, the bonding between friends who were total strangers just over a week ago. I will endure this heartache too as I have others in the past. I wish them safe return home to their loved ones. Here are the photos of the 5 that will not ride with us to Helena on Wednesday.

Steve Suche from Calgary, Alberta, Canada
 Larry Stark from Centennial, CO and Sandi Mullat from Myakka City, FL
Walter Wundrow from Houston, TX
Jim Gabbert from Sarasota, FL

I totally forgot about the "Wow" factor. Well, if I have touched you in some way today, make a contribution to the Caitlyn R. Pate Fund. Try to be a part of the Remembering Our Angels 5K Run/Walk. I would have if I were in Lowville on October 4.

No comments:

Post a Comment