Tuesday, September 30, 2014

Day 38, Bradford, PA to Corning, NY

Today I rode 101.77 miles with 4,642 ft. of elevation gain.
Check out the Model T Inn fan page. It is located in Derrick City, PA. I passed by it early this morning. As you can see, the fog has still not burned off entirely.
Ceres is a hamlet on Route 417 at the Oswayo Creek near the Pennsylvania border, so part of the community is in that state. I entered NewYork, my 13th state of the journey today at Ceres. I have called New York home ever since I arrived in U.S.A. in 1988. It was a very warm feeling I experienced, almost sort of a “I am home” feeling. The fact is I am merely passing through NY on my way to Portland, Maine. I still have 3 more states to travel through including Vermont, New Hampshire and Maine.
Autumn leaf color is a phenomenon that affects the normally green leaves of many deciduous trees and shrubs by which they take on, during a few weeks in the autumn season, various shades of red, yellow, purple, and brown. The phenomenon is commonly called autumn colors or autumn foliage in British English and fall colors, fall foliage, or simply foliage in American English. Learn all about why and how the leaves change color here.
The Trek Travel guide team has worked hard relentlessly to make the journey enjoyable for all the clients like myself. As a token of my gratitude, I invited the team for a dinner at an Indian restaurant called “Thali of India”. From L to R are Linda Lynch, myself, Dave Edwards, Amy Davison, Scott Heather and Michael Moreland.

No comments:

Post a Comment