Thursday, September 25, 2014

Day 33, Marshall, MI to Rossford, OH

Today I rode 118.82 miles. It was a grueling ride with a stiff headwind from the East. And I rode solo most of today. 
We started at daybreak and again rode into the rising Sun and thick fog.
I believe this is a soybean farm. This was what the scenery looked like most of today.
Harvesting of the latest crop is picking up steam. It was quite the experience watching the process in progress.
Lunch today was at Randy’s Bar-B-Que. My riding friend Randy Kohlhase, M.D. was quite thrilled with this. Michael Moreland, one of my guides had a Tofurkey sandwich for me. My vegetarian diet has been accommodated quite well during this trip. I have not lacked for good, healthy and nourishing food.
Here I am seen expressing my thrill as I crossed over from Michigan to Ohio. Ohio is the Eleventh state on my journey with 5 more remaining: Pennsylvania, New York, Vermont, New Hampshire and finally Maine. I want to thank Janis who took this picture with her iPhone.
Seen in this photo with me are Vincent and Nicole Mazza. Nicole is a fellow rider and Vincent has joined Nicole for a few days to share some of the experience.

Tomorrow is another big day. Almost 130 miles to get to Cleveland. I am very tired today. It is not even 9 p.m. and I am falling asleep as I create this blog. I wonder if I will have any energy left in me after the ride tomorrow to jot down my day’s thoughts in my blog. The mystery will unravel in 24 hours. Stay tuned.

No comments:

Post a Comment